Applicants looking to diversify into non-agricultural activities.
Examples may include:-
- the conversion of empty buildings to workshops;
- animal related services i.e. kennels;
- alternative forms of holiday accommodation;
- recreational parks and/or facilities;
- base for rural services such as child care;
- use land for fishing, fruit and vegetable sales;
- small scale renewable energy projects.
Eligible Activities include:-
- retailing, manufacturing or service industries, including selfmade products, recreation, equestrian and creative industries (eg artisan crafts, sculpture)
- environmental services, including the traditinal trades required to maintain and enhance the landscape
- renewable energy, including storage/supply of woodfuel (planting support and forestry processing activity are eligible from other agencies).
Support may be provided through:-
- grant aid towards the costs of capital investment
- start-up revenue costs (if this involves salary costs, it must be degressive if spread over several years)
- market research and feasibility studies, where linked to the investment to be made
- marketing support, product development, branding and design costs
- technical support to help new businesses become established and to help existing businesses to consolidate and expand.
Outputs - depending on the level of grant requested, we will expect eligible grant recipients to achieve the following-
- Number of farm businesses benefitting
- Increase in non-agricultural profitability by farm business
- Number of jobs created
For further information, please contact:-
Local Action Group Manager
Lindsey Action Zone
Lincs LN11 7AQ
Tel: 01507 354561
e-mail: Please complete form on contacts page